DON PRÓSPERO SAUVIGNON BLANC – PIZZORNO 1910 FAMILY ESTATES – URUGUAYBy
DON PRÓSPERO SAUVIGNON BLANC – PIZZORNO 1910 FAMILY ESTATES – PIZZORNO WINERY – RUTA 32 – KM 23 – CANELÓN CHICO - I.NA.VI. 963 2010 13%
VISUAL ANALYSIS: crystal clear, straw yellow with silverfish reflections and a nice body.
OLFACTORY ANALYSIS: tomate leaf, lemon, cat’s pee and daisy.
GUSTATIVE ANALYSIS: the wine is dry and the alcoholic sensation is medium warm; the salivation is abundant and the structure is well balanced; the aftertaste is just a little bit bitterish but in the same time is green apple flavoured. The gustative aromatic persistency is of 4 seconds.
WINE-FOOD COMBINATION: croquetitas de camarones con salsa de soya (typical Uruguayan sea dish)
- The fatness of the prawns is countervailing the salivation of the wine
- The succulence of the soya sauce is compensating for the alcoholic dryness of the wine
- The sweet tendency of the prawns is counterbalancing the bitterish sensation of the wine
- The structure of the recipe is matching to the structure of the wine
- The gustative persistence of the dish is pairing with the aromatic persistence of the wine
MY PERSONAL OPINION: without any doubt, it is a well balanced wine; you can taste it with admiration plainly depicted upon your face because you are drinking a very special wine.