VINO ESPUMOSO NATURAL BRUT CHARDONNAY – PIZZORNO 1910 FAMILY ESTATES – PIZZORNO WINERY – RUTA 32 – KM 23 – CANELÓN CHICO – I.NA.VI. 963 13,5%
VISUAL ANALYSIS: brilliant, straw yellow colour and as for the bubbles, they are fine, numerous and persistent.
OLFACTORY ANALYSIS: yeast, soap, white chocolate, tangerine, orange, yellow peach, vanilla, majoram and daisies.
GUSTATIVE ANALYSIS: the softness is pleasantly dominant followed by salivation and a weak sensation of mineral notes. The final is bitterish (yeast) and apple flavoured. An interesting oenological melting pot with two main ingredients: yeast and fruits.
WINE-FOOD COMBINATION: salsichón, longaniza, salame (Uruguayan cold cuts)
- The sweet tendency of the cold cuts is counterbalancing the sapidity (mineral notes) of the wine
- The fatness of the cold cuts is countervailing the salivation of the wine
- The sweet tendency of the cold cuts is counterweighing the bitterish sensation of the wine
- The structure of the recipe is matching to the structure of the wine
- The gustative persistence of the cold cuts is pairing with the aromatic persistence of the wine
MY PERSONAL OPINION: I think many winemakers have dreamt to produce something special like this sparkling wine (without liqueur de expedition), but it is not so easy to combine all the elements in order to achieve great intensity, structure and balance.