TINTO RESERVA – TANNAT 60% / CABERNET SAUVIGNON 30% / MERLOT 10% – PIZZORNO 1910 FAMILY ESTATES – PIZZORNO WINERY – RUTA 32 – KM 23 – CANELÓN CHICO – I.NA.VI. 963 2010 13%
VISUAL ANALYSIS: limpid, ruby with purple reflections and as for consistency, it is quite thick.
OLFACTORY ANALYSIS: green pepper, grass, olive, black cherry, stewed fruit, liquorice, medicine and wax.
GUSTATIVE ANALYSIS: a very powerful wine in evolution. Alcohols, tannins and structure are prevailing over everything. It is very interesting analysing the aftertaste in which the bitterish tendency of the tannin is almost disappearing in the wild fruit flavour. The gustative aromatic persistency is 6 seconds.
WINE-FOOD COMBINATION: bife a la parrilla (steak on barbecue)
- The succulence of the meat is compensating for the alcoholic dryness of the wine
- The succulence of the meat is compensating for the astringency of the tannins
- The sweet tendency of the steak is counterweighing the bitterish sensation of the wine
- The structure of the recipe is matching to the structure of the wine
- The gustative persistence of the meat is pairing with the aromatic persistence of the wine
MY PERSONAL OPINION: it is a strong and vigorous wine that it is asking to be aged for 12-18 months to provide you nice surprises. If you decide to open the bottle right now, please drink this wine during a red meat barbecue.